help please newbie plz help

RanaArt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weird type of grain or pattern keeps appearing in my photos help me plz i own a D7100 with 18-1065 lens
for example when i take a picture of my brother his beard becomes all mixed up and has noise in it
i used ISO 100 but still the same shutter speed was 1/250

Fixed-pattern noise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also darker regions of images always show more image noise than the brightest parts of an image, even at low ISO settings. Under exposure also makes image noise more visible.
As long as the scene dynamic range is within the dynamic range your camera omage sensor can capture, the most eeective way to minimize noise uis by using the exposure technique of ETTR - Expose-To-The Right.
Optimizing Exposure
Digital Camera Image Noise: Concept and Types
Noise reduction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
With out pictures its hard to say so for a better idea you may want to post a picture where it shows the issue your having.At Iso 100 It should be really quite no noise.It sounds more like a over sharpening issue to me,either in your post processing or in camera sharpening.Check your settings in camera picture control to be sure the sharpening is not cranked up to high.My Nikon D90 is good around level 5 anything 7 or above in jpeg it gets crinkly.On landscape not such a big deal but on people shots its not so desirable.

Last edited:
With out pictures its hard to say so for a better idea you may want to post a picture where it shows the issue your having.At Iso 100 It should be really quite no noise.It sounds more like a over sharpening issue to me,either in your post processing or in camera sharpening.Check your settings in camera picture control to be sure the sharpening is not cranked up to high.My Nikon D90 is good around level 5 anything 7 or above in jpeg it gets crinkly.On landscape not such a big deal but on people shots its not so desirable.

$image-2194994873.jpg

Thnx here u go

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Fixed-pattern noise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also darker regions of images always show more image noise than the brightest parts of an image, even at low ISO settings. Under exposure also makes image noise more visible.
As long as the scene dynamic range is within the dynamic range your camera omage sensor can capture, the most eeective way to minimize noise uis by using the exposure technique of ETTR - Expose-To-The Right.
Optimizing Exposure
Digital Camera Image Noise: Concept and Types
Noise reduction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop

Iso dosent make a difference :(

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Did you take a picture of the picture on your screen and post that?

View attachment 51654

Thnx here u go

Uh, that's a picture of your computer monitor. Cameras don't often perform well when taking pictures of monitors.

Is that what you mean? If not, you'll need to upload the original file rather than a picture of the file before we can help you.

Did you take a picture of the picture on your screen and post that?

Yes because
When i upload it to flickr it gets compressed and becomes normal

Uh, that's a picture of your computer monitor. Cameras don't often perform well when taking pictures of monitors.

Is that what you mean? If not, you'll need to upload the original file rather than a picture of the file before we can help you.

When i upload it to flickr it gets compressed and becomes normal thts y i took this photo

When i upload it to flickr it gets compressed and becomes normal thts y i took this photo

Does the image have the same pattern when you view it on the monitor?

Most reactions

Back