Help please with View NX2

norval

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Help please - I took some shots earlier and transferred them to the computer, returned the card to the camera and took some more. However this time message on comp. screen says "cannot read this card" and when returned card to camera message reads "Card not formatted - format this card" I assume I've cleared the card somehow, can anybody suggest how? Are my pics recoverable?
Nikon D300
Nikon View NX2

sounds like you may have lost your FAT table.. unless there is actual damage to the card. There are several applications (including some free ones) that will fix a corrupted FAT if that is what it is. There are several threads here on the forum on this topic also.. if you do a search. The names of some of the programs are in those threads. Hoping that is all it is... good luck! (also... never format a card on your computer, if it is meant to be used in your camera... always format it in camera. You may know this already, but just making sure..)

The amount of memory used on the card may exceed what your computer is capable of accessing'. If you're using an older computer, this is sometimes a problem when you purchase a high-#GB card.

Not sure why you got the error message in the camera, though. But I would agree there's an issue with the card. Try Googling some freeware recovery programs. I'm sure your images are still there, you're just going to have to work for them now.

Hopefully you've got another card so you can keep shooting.

If you're using SD card, it could be infected by virus from your PC and it messed up with the FAT. Always set the SD to 'lock' when accessing using PC or cable. In this way (hopefully) nothing can overwrite the FAT. I don't know if there is 'lock' option for CF-card (you're using D300 right?)
If you're not able to recover by mean of software (i.e. using RescuePro Deluxe), then try to format using your camera (your previous data will be permanently remove). OR maybe the card is broken.

Thanks guys for your help. I decided to bite the bullet and reformat. All seems to be OK.

Most reactions

Back