Help, please.

vesko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I suspect this could be a good b&w image.
What can I do with Photoshop?
Any edits are welcomed.

walkdn6.jpg

Thank you!

Since you want others to play "PS magic" with this one (you particularly aim for b&w conversions???), I moved the thread to the Photoshop Challenges, for that is just what you put up for all of us, a PS challenge, right? ;) I might take you up on that challenge, maybe, though I'm not sure I can bring back what detail there actually is on the planks, but got lost here ... let's see...

Well, I don't know PS but I have a couple others at my disposal

This one is just greyscale
walkdn6_2BW.jpg

This one is greyscaled, with a slight orange tint,
walkdn6_2_3.jpg

I'll redo this after work with a better program and see if I can get something I can translate into Photoshop lingo

Well, I first of all PSed the colour version a little to bring out more in that one:

vesko_walkdn6_myedit1.jpg

And then I had a bit of fun with the Channel Mixer at 100 percent opacity, put to monochrome and then playing with the sliders :D

Red +30, Green +70 and Blue - 20 was this:

vesko_walkdn6_myedit2_chm_r30g70b-2.jpg

Red - 30, Green + 30 and Blue + 90 was this:

vesko_walkdn6_myedit3_chm_r-30g30b9.jpg

And Red 0, Green +50 and Blue +50 was this:

vesko_walkdn6_myedit4_chm_r0g50b50.jpg

I also began to play with the Channel Mixer, Opacity set to only 80%, then going monochrome, which would be another fun path to go into, but I left things at this for the time being.

Thank you Battou and thank you LaFoto!

That is exactly what I needed. I would like to learn how to make tender and dreamy b&w images. I like the first LaFoto made (Red +30, Green +70 and Blue - 20).

Thank you again.

Thank you Battou and thank you LaFoto!

That is exactly what I needed. I would like to learn how to make tender and dreamy b&w images. I like the first LaFoto made (Red +30, Green +70 and Blue - 20).

Thank you again.

Not a problem, When I got in to work I saw La Foto had alredy done what I was going to do so...Sorry I did not go more into detail like I said I would try. I don't have PhotoShop. Only Illustrator and MS PhotoDraw, and I only have PhotoDraw here at work and it is considerably lacking in many reguards.

Thought I would give it a shot.

walkdn6edited.jpg

Used Ps CS3, with B/W Styler 1.0 plugin. Using extra short development, grade 3 paper, & daguerreotype color.

I'm having trouble editing my last post, it won't accept when I hit save. So here's the edit.

I just had another idea, if you like this one, I'll do it and put it up. But run the walkway the opposite direction...picture at the bottom instead of the top.

LaFoto's 2nd B&W example is the keeper.

DarknGorgeous, I like your version.... although the top left fog is a bit heavy. Love the mood, though, that you gave it. Very creative. :)

Thank you. Yeah it was my first time creating fog and I was having a bit of trouble in that particular area of the picture, but I tried! :) lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back