HELP:) .....please.....!!!!

aimee0508

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mini background: I had posted a few weeks back my sister would be getting married, did not want to spend $$ on prof photog, spur of moment wedding, minimal guests, yadayada. She DID, however, finally get a 'newly starting' photographer to shoot her wedding. From what I've seen of his 'sneak peaks' he has done a bare minimum decent job, she will probably be fine with his shots but told me she prefers the 'candidness' of my shots since I was standing to the side and behind them. I was able to get about 200 shots between the ceremony and the dinner but only about 10 are keepers due to the focus issues I need to learn on. Anyway, she also asked me to snap a few because I was originally the one she wanted getting the whole event (I begged her not to put that on me since I am in NO WAY, NO SHAPE close to even anything than brandy new, beginner!!) Just got my D90 2 months before the big day!
So my big favor of you amazing peeps that have helped me thus far is helping me edit/photoshop the horror shows I managed to get. The day was bright sun at 4pm so I have horrible shadows in most pics. I bumped up all the saturation and added a bit of vibrance in the RAW images but am not sure if it is overkill as my monitor is not calibrated. Like I said, I do NOT do this professionally!
I will post a few shots in the next post, please help me w/anything you think. I am not going to cry, I know I am not the greatest. I also, however, don't really care about the things that can NOT be fixed at this point, like focus issues, because I already know I need to work on that. Just help me make my sis a few shots she can salvage of her special day?!!
You have all been too kind thus far:hug:: Thanks again for all my long winded posts, hehehehe

1.jpg

This is the edit, I 'filled light' a bit because of the harsh shadows, and increased saturation a bit. She looks VERY soft to me, but when I zoom in it is actually not that bad. ALSO, can you see the portion where I cloned out the large red table that was beside her?

3.jpg

Again, increased black for the pic, and adjusted for saturation.

Are they TOO colorful? too much saturation?

Also, she loved this shot of the cake, but I do not. Can you help me somehow make it look better? I KNOW there are blown out portions on the flowers, not sure how to fix that.

h.jpg

Last edited:
Yep take a few breaths in and out. And post images. As I am sure many here will help.
If you want can email me the raw or jpegs at gmail with same name and can give them a whirl in lightroom 3 which is my choice editor.
And do have a lot of presets and some experience myself. If not then others here am sure will help.

Wow, Orb9220, you are a godsent!!! Maybe I could upload the album to photobucket and you could see what you think you could work with? Last time I tried to send multiple RAW images, it took 2 days! Does that sound right? I have high speed internet and new PC. I was trying to send 100 RAW. Does it really take that long?!!!

The shots are in focus. She will not know about the bright sunlight or the blown out spots. You've got some nice background scenes. Let her see your keepers. I think you will do fine.

RAWs are huge files and will shut down downloads if too many are done together.

Something waky with my system or wifi isp at the moment and looking into it. As Wifi internet On again Off again.
Can send me a couple of the raws to my gmail account same name and can take look at them tho I am no pro just hobbyist.

Hey, thanks! I've sent a few. one at a time, I guess that's all my server allows me.

aimee,

What application(s) do you use for PP. I do most of my work with lightroom then final print production in Photoshop either on images exported to psd's or from raw images. If you use Lightroom for any length of time you will love it. There are a lot of presets that will make you look better than you think you are.

BTW, over half my income is derived from doing PP and album design for other shooters.

Hey Jim;) I live in Coventry, what is your screen name in reference to?!! I use Photoshop Elements 6, got it as a gift 3 years ago and never upgraded. Everyone always speaks highly of lightroom. What is it I can do there? If I could find a place to plug in the same adjustments to add to each photo, that would make things a lot easier! I have increased saturation, exposure and contrast by about the same in each shot.
Beyond fixing these shots, does this mean there is a common theme to my SOOC shots that I could fix preshot? Most of the time I had aperature at 5.6 and shutter at 1/1000, ISO 200. I was standing about 15-18 feet away. Why don't my shots look very crisp? I guess I should post SOOC shots for criticism at some point!

Most reactions

Back