help pushing ilford fp4

Mr. Krinkle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Today i took some photos with ilford fp4 (iso 125) film. i can`'t remember pretty well what was the develope time with D-70 developer. also i am going to push it to 1600 iso (bit crazy??) and i remember i was told that for each stop you push you must add %40 to the original time, but im not sure anymore.

does anyone know about this?? can anyone give me a hand?

thank you

I'm not sure on the development times needed, but I think pushing fp4 to 1600 might be a little extreme... I did a quick search, and most of the film I could find being pushed to 1600 was iso 400 or faster.

...but then I'm no expert on developing, so someone else might prove me wrong :mrgreen:

yeah, well i spoke to someone yesterday about pushing the fp4 to 1600, and well he considered also very extreme. i kindda had the feeling that it wouldnt work so well, but i dont know, i just did it. now im kindda courious about what the result will look like.

Don't know, but kudos for using film, processing and pushing. Not to plug another site, but if you ask at apug.org, I am sure you could find out there. Mods, feel free to ditch the site from this if you want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back