Help RAW

nixon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

When I edit photos directly from the RAW file and than save them to jpeg (on the screen they look the same) but when I publish them online they appear in their original look, like they were shot, without any changes.

Can you guys help me to figure out what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

yeah, what software.

I open the files with Camera Raw, save them to PSD apply some minor changes like levels after that I apply Alien Skin Exposure 2 - Kodachrome 64 filter, after that I save the changes to the PSD and I make a jpeg copy 600x400 quality 8. The files look exactly the same on the screen but everytime I upload them online they "lose" the level changes, kodachrome filter, etc.

I open the files with Camera Raw, save them to PSD apply some minor changes like levels after that I apply Alien Skin Exposure 2 - Kodachrome 64 filter, after that I save the changes to the PSD and I make a jpeg copy 600x400 quality 8. The files look exactly the same on the screen but everytime I upload them online they "lose" the level changes, kodachrome filter, etc.
Coming out of Camera Raw, do you click "Open Image" or "Save Image".

I'm stumped. With out being there to see the keystrokes........

Are you doing the edits on new layers or just editing the background layer?

I'm doing the edits on new layers. I even tried to flatten image and save it that way but the results are the same. That didn't happen with CS3, can't seem to figure it out...

When I have a layered .psd file in progress and want to save it as a JPEG, I just make sure the .psd is in 8-bit mode, click File > Save As> select the destination folder, rename the file if needed, click the file format drop down arrow, select JPEG, and click OK. I then select my quality setting and click ok again. Then I would open the file JPEG back up to crop or resize to the final pixel dimentions.

You have colour space issues.

You see in the title there it says "@ 25% (RGB/8*)" that * means that you're not working in the sRGB colour space. Photoshop understands colour very well, the rest of the applications in the world don't.

Try clicking edit -> convert to profile, and find the sRGB profile. Then save and upload the image.

Also next time you're in Adobe CameraRAW in the dialogue at the bottom you're given the option of colour space and bitdepth. Open the images sRGB 16bit, rather than some other space and 8bit, and in the future you can avoid the problems and not need to convert the colour space.

That's it! Damn, I've been beating my head against the wall for this! Thanks mate! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back