Help removing Lens Flare

Fausto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, I consider myself a newbie cause I know I have a lot to learn. I need help in photoshop with removing lens flare. This is a bit tough because the flare is falling on skin and there is not enough skin to clone with.
I was shooting against the sun and was not able to proof my images other than the small LCD monitor on my camera. When I got home and realized how bad they were it was too late. I dont want to get into the habit of offering my clients a reshoot, but if its my mistake I believe the offer is appropriate. My client did ask if I could remove the lens flare and I told her it might not be possible and she was ok with that, but I do want to provide my clients with the best images possible.
Any help or advice, tips will be helpful, thank you!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_oiVdBxM8Ytk/TPBf07rpMiI/AAAAAAAAIVU/v0eaQheX4hg/s800/DSC_5162-Edit-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
What version of photoshop do you have? If you have CS5 it's as easy as selecting the lens flare and letting content aware take care of the rest. There might be a little detail work after, but it will take care of it for the most part.

Most reactions

Back