Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so here we go...

As the regular visitors to the site have probably noticed, there have been quite a few struggles with availability and speed lately. I've been working to resolve the issues, but it looks like it is now time for a different approach and I am considering purchasing some upgrades. If purchased, you should immediately notice increased speeds and extremely little (if any) downtime.

Now, comes the sob story. As most of you know, this is a personal site that I run, and although the banner ads help offset some of the cost, they don't cover everything. So, I'd like to ask for donations for the upgrade from anyone who would be interested and willing to chip in on the cause. As the site grows, I believe the advertising will offset more and more of the cost, but it will be quite some time before a break-even point is reached (assuming that point does arrive).

If you would like to help, I have created a pay pal account for donations. You will find a Pay Pal Donate button down at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your support!

arrrghh!

i tried to donate a bit but i forgot my paypal password, to get it - i have to call the states. will try to figure this thing out. Paypal is foreigner unfriendly :(

by the way, we're behind ya 100.179% chase!

Well i guess i need to see if my paypal account is still active. I would gladly help this site out.

we'll transfer some money to paypal from our bank account ... it may take a few days :)

Chase, just a suggestion but maybe you should rearrange things a bit and move the "pay pal" and "adorama" buttons toward the top of the page. If one doesn't know they are there they are likely to not see them. I personally rarely scroll down that far. (I did, however, make a donation!)

I really like The Photo Forum and want you to get help offsetting the expenses.

I don't have a paypal acct, so I used my husband's. :twisted:

I'm sure I'll be hearing from him shortly when he gets his notification email. He'll be overjoyed to know we donated to the Cause!!! :cheer:

And my suggestion is to edit the title of this thread so people will know who to support, because I wanted to help support thephotoform.com but when I went there, it didn't exist... :lol: :wink:

i've been thinking of ways to make some cash for the photoforum ...

have u considered charging a membership fee to all? ... perhaps $1 USD per month or pay annually :?

having a graduation for all the older members :lol: (this may not work, some of the newbies need guidance from the "more experienced" )

have people donate photos to auction them off or have calenders made

webhosting .. this may work

allow photographers to advertise here

*still thinking*

they have a charity section on ebay :? .. i dunno

Most reactions

Back