Help the noob.

MisplacedAngler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know jack about photography. I do know that while my pictures from vacations (I'm the outdoors type) look alright, they don't look nearly as good as the real thing and I think there is lots of room for improvement. I want them to look better as well as photo's of my daughters more memorible moments. Is there any books or other literature/websites one can recommend for someone who may decide to get into photography? Something that explains the different features of a camera, teaches one the lingo, etc...

Pretty much, any advice is welcome. I'm not sure what to ask because I don't know much about the hobby.

Thanks in advance.

MisplacedAngler

You really first need to read your cameras manual. You will learn more than you realize from just that. Then get "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson.
Welcome to the forum.

The first thing I read when I started was a page called Bernie's Better Beginner's Guide to Photography: http://www.berniecode.com/writing/photography/beginners/

I found that it gave me an overview of the basics with examples and it's a pretty short read which was what I was looking for. Might be useful to you as well.

Good links above. Lots of information.

And Welcome to TPF. :D

How about posting 2 or 3 of your pics on here...
Plenty of people on here are excellent at photography (it's a Photo-Forum) and more than capable of giving first rate advice directly about whatever concerns you about your photography...
By all means read books and browse the web - but you will get personal advice here - free....
Jedo

How about posting 2 or 3 of your pics on here...
Plenty of people on here are excellent at photography (it's a Photo-Forum) and more than capable of giving first rate advice directly about whatever concerns you about your photography...
By all means read books and browse the web - but you will get personal advice here - free....
Jedo

Ok. Here's a few from my last trip to Colorado. These were just taken with my PNS, not to be confused with POS.

Colorado0738.jpg

Colorado0717.jpg

Colorado073.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back