Help this beach pic

mandabec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_2780.jpg

Any body have any ideas how we may can fix this pic? I love the sun but the rest is so underexposed. Feel free to play around.

Thanks!

I think some fill flash could have been in order for this image. I do like this though. I wonder what it would look like with the couple as a complete silhouette

IMO, this picture has two problems:1) the real objects of interest are smack dab in the middle of the frame, thus hurting any real dramatic tension
2) the people are badly underexposed. Working on the original, you may be able to lighten only the people and get some detail and contrast.

I would crop this to 4 x 5 to make it easier to frame and to get the people off-center.

img2780compog6.jpg

flash is not your enemy.

Thanks for your help. Are you just changing the colors using the levels?

Classic "backlit" scene - always likely to underexpose.

Begs for spot metering & perhaps bracketing by +/- 1 stop in RAW format, "fill flash" too.

As for recovering this one I'll leave it to those who have already done a good job - if you shot it in RAW mode you have a better chance of a good recovery

simon

I have an old backlit photo that my brother took of my neice, who is actually smiling in the picture for the only time in her life, and would LOVE to know HOW you guys are handling this in PhotoShop! :)

I have an old backlit photo that my brother took of my neice, who is actually smiling in the picture for the only time in her life, and would LOVE to know HOW you guys are handling this in PhotoShop! :)

Post it up, or better yet... a link to a full size image. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back