Help w/Pentax

Stacey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Pentax K100D (which I LOVE) and it came with the 18-55mm kit lens. I purchased a Sigma DG 28-70mm lens for it about a month and a half ago and it worked wonderfully. Now when I put it on the camera the LCD Panel (not the playback screen) flashes AV at the top and it won't do anything. I'm getting a little frustrated and I don't know what to do. The batteries are brand new and I don't think I changed any settings on the camera and I don't know if maybe someone else did or what. :( Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help!
Thanks so much!

Is it a manual lens? Does it have an "A" on the aperture ring? To use a manual lens, or a lens with an A on the aperture ring, but NOT have the ap ring SET to A, you have to go in to the "custom" menu, scroll to "Using Aperture Ring" and make sure that is set to "permitted" which is 2. No need to ever change this setting back. Fully auto lenses will still do their thing as designed. If it is an auto aperture lens, and it is set to "A" and still does this, the contacts on the camera, or the lens may need cleaning.

Is it a manual lens? Does it have an "A" on the aperture ring? To use a manual lens, or a lens with an A on the aperture ring, but NOT have the ap ring SET to A, you have to go in to the "custom" menu, scroll to "Using Aperture Ring" and make sure that is set to "permitted" which is 2. No need to ever change this setting back. Fully auto lenses will still do their thing as designed. If it is an auto aperture lens, and it is set to "A" and still does this, the contacts on the camera, or the lens may need cleaning.

My word, I think I love you! haha! That was that! I don't know how that happened! Since I don't know anything about changing ANYTHING in the menu I generally don't mess with it so maybe my uncle did that when he was checking it out! Regardless, thank you thank you thank you a million times over! You're my hero! :hail:

Awwwwwwwww, shucks ma'am, I ain't a hero, just a feller that likes to help out when i can.. :lol:

P.S. I also had to ask this same question when I first got my camera, hehe

My advice is to hide your camera from your uncle in the future, lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back