[Help]What caused this?

Silverrade

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently I bought my first film camera - Asahi Pentax Spotmatic with a 58mm Helios-44m-6 and was loaded with s fujicolor c200. Lightmeter is not working so had to do it manually.
Pictures below are some of my test shots. They have some sort horizontal lines in the middle and a thick vertical line.
iesysns.jpg

oruCjj8.jpg

Well most of my remaining shots were fine but some had this problem where in there's a black part on the right side. I need your expertise, thanks in advance.
eMiyWDG.jpg

It is the shutter. You have two cloth blinds that move across the film leaving a moving slit that lets the light hit the film. In your case, the two blinds are not moving smoothly meaning that the film is getting different amounts of exposure depending on the relative speeds of the blinds at each point of the film. The solution is to have the camera CLAd (Clean Lubricate Adjust).

It is the shutter. You have two cloth blinds that move across the film leaving a moving slit that lets the light hit the film. In your case, the two blinds are not moving smoothly meaning that the film is getting different amounts of exposure depending on the relative speeds of the blinds at each point of the film. The solution is to have the camera CLAd (Clean Lubricate Adjust).

Oh so that's why. I also have this one which I was wondering, had a two different exposures. Thanks for the quick answer. Will have the camera be CLA'd by the seller asap. Thank you very much :encouragement:
1gJ6uJt.jpg

Will have the camera be CLA'd by the seller asap.
Is the seller qualified to work on shutters?

That, I don't know. He's the only one fixing camera's here locally. Let me check first because finding one outside is much of a hassle shipping it then waiting and shipping back again.

........ finding one outside is much of a hassle shipping it then waiting and shipping back again.

That's pretty much SOP in the film world these days.

........ finding one outside is much of a hassle shipping it then waiting and shipping back again.

That's pretty much SOP in the film world these days.

Yep, but let me just check him out first before anything else. Thanks :D

Just in case the seller can't do the repair, you can try this guy: Home He did a great job on my K1000, very reasonable price and time frame.
Wow, that guy is reasonable!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back