Help! What seems to be dirt inside of lens? Deteriorated glass?

well...yes and no....It can be done but it's not an advisable practice for individuals with little experience. Also I keep my screen fairly clean by cleaning it bi-monthly (It's getting about that time again) and it does not change the effect.

I can not say I know a whole lot about Pentax K-mount lenses but I am going to hazard a guess that the macro ability on that lens is what is restricting the light and causing shadows to form in the grain of the screen, But I could be wrong.

Yep that same one.:lol: Also just about any lens if doing macro and extended on the bellows.

So if the macro is the problem, are your lenses that have the same problem as mine have macro as well?

Ummm well no . I mostly used a 50mm 1.2 with bellows for macro. The bellows turns a normal lens into macro but with extreem light loss. The screen dirty looking is linked to the light loss.

So i guess the conclusion is to just deal with it right?

bummer. I should be developing my pictures in the next day or so, if it ends up affecting my images Ill post it here. Thanks a whole bunch for your help guys!

What is this problem called by the way? (for future reference)

Chou

Most reactions

Back