Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok...I know this shot isn't anything special, but it's the best shot I've gotten of my boyfriend and I. I've been trying and trying to make the background less distracting...trying to darken it. But, I can't do it without making us look like we are cut out. I'm not that great with photoshop yet, so can anyone help me here? Anyway...here it is...lemme know if ya can help me, k?

EditSmall.jpg

Well, I can't pass up a challenge.

Instead of trying to darken the background, I just used the Blur tool to make it less sharp. Then did the following: cloned out that annoying white spot in the background and the dark shading on his forehead, de-noised it, Dodged your face to make it lighter, Burned the hot spots off both of you, and selective sharpening on both of you guy's hair. I didn't mess with the colors, levels, etc. I left those for you to practice with. But here's my messing around version:

36793600.jpg

PS: I tried sharpening your faces a little more, but they got real noisy real fast.

You guys are AWESOME! I was trying to get rid of the hot spots, but I couldn't get rid of em THAT well! Thanks!!!!

Goofup...do you think you could tell me HOW you softened his highlights and brightened my face without making it look totally un-natural??? I try to with the healing brush, but I can never seem to get it to look quite right.

I know most people who like taking photos enjoy being behind the camera.

My little tip would be to look at the camera, not with your head tilted down with your eyes up. The two of you look great together.

I looked down to help hide that little bit of extra...um...chin, that I'm sub-conscience about. My bf said somethign about me looking up, too! Maybe I did look down a little too much, though.

Ok...I've been working on and off on this thing all day...did I do ok?

EditSmall.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back