Help with a Theme

aussiearef

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

As said before I am a member of a photo club which has monthly competition for beginners to mid-level photographers. Last month I became the winner and got a $50 voucher :mrgreen:

This month's theme is "BLUE". I did a search on the Internet to come up with some ideas but majority of the photos I found were just normal pictures that had been edited in Photoshop so that the blue color dominated! Like this one:

$blue-themed-photography-15.jpg

Can you please help me with ideas a bit and how a color can be bolded in a photo (without changing every color to blue, like the given sample). Can you please tell me which places I can go to find relevant subjects?

Thanks guys :)

I would reccommend this: Go find a nice view with good elements. Make sure nothing is blue. Then…shoot it at the blue hour! (google it if not sure)All the elemtns will have a blue tint to it, like the above but with no ps!

Shoot a scene. Then turn it into a monochrome, then on photoshop you can add whatever color you like to whatever parts you choose. If you do not want to use a digital program then use a blue filter (a piece of blue cellophane on the lens works well)
Luis E Gonzalez

Dont just look at colour, how about someone feeling blue everyone will have a blue colour photo

I would go with this idea.

Shooting in raw then changing the white balance to tungsten will get it all blue.

Or try this to get your partial blue. Take a photo with a certain area blue, lets say a person wearing blue hat.
In Photoshop convert your image to black and white. (Image > Adjustments > Black and White) Next use the history brush and paint over the hat. (Note that the history brush is a few icons down from a regular brush) You should end up with a black and white photo except for the hat which should now be blue.

Be creative and have other things in your original image that are blue!

Easy?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back