TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I looked up a tutorial for Batch process(PS cs3), taking cue's from there,
->Opened a pic(super fine quality)
->created a new action,
->hit record button
-> saved the pic that was open in the same folder with jpeg quality 8 ( ignoring the prompt that a file with the same name already exists)
->hit the stop button.
->i ran the batch process with the action i had created, Choose a source folder and a destination folder.
-> not only did the pics get stored in the destination folder but also the same stored in the source folder. While they were expected too get edited into the destination folder.

->Tried renaming the file to another name before saving(instead of saving with the same name) as the action, but that prompts me too hit the save button for every file in the batch process.

Is there someway by which i could load just the quality-8 setting into the custom tool?

I learned PS elements has a direct option File>process multiple files where quality can be directly set, but CS3 doesnt have that.

Last edited:
Hold on, I am not sure I understand you. What you mean is, you recorded an action that is meant to overwrite the original. Then you used batch processing, chose to use the action and save the results of batch processing to a destination folder. So, you should get every file in 2 copies, both in the destination folder and the source folder. With no original files left...

That's basically what you told your Photoshop to do. Are you surprised it obeyed?

Is it the right forum anyway?

Last edited:
Don't play with actions if you just want to have smaller files. Just get into bridge, select the files you want, enter the batch processing feature, set your quality and destination folder, click 'ok' or whatever there is and it's done.

I don't have photoshop on this laptop, but I think it might actually be under tools - image processor, or something similar.

Then... tools - photoshop - image processor?
The function is connected with photoshop so it will launch photoshop's window anyway.
If you still can't find it, I'll check it later this afternoon when I get home.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back