Help with Black & white converting? PLZ 0o

xjoewhitex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.studiojoephotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
No matter what I do, no matter what method or what attempt I cannot find a decent black and white converting method thats worth using. Everything ive tried I always for some reason get a blue hue to the photos and ive yet to find a way around this. Maybe ive got the idea of b&w film stuck in my head, but should it really be that impossible? Care to show me your ways and methods?

Do you mean a blue hue when printing? That is a printer issues.

If you mean a blue hue on the monitor that is a calibration issue.

Google Vincente Versace and you will find more information than you can image on various methods of converting.

There are also several software programs that are very good., Nike Silver EFex Pro and Topaz labs Black and white effects you can down load trial version of each and try them to see which you prefer.

Google Vincente Versace and you will find more information than you can image on various methods of converting.

There are also several software programs that are very good., Nike Silver EFex Pro and Topaz labs Black and white effects you can down load trial version of each and try them to see which you prefer.
Well I don't print I was mainly speaking of what I see on my monitre with very well could be a calibration issue. Ive tried many different attempts on Photoshop, and haven't got the look ive been trying to get.

Well I don't print I was mainly speaking of what I see on my monitre with very well could be a calibration issue. Ive tried many different attempts on Photoshop, and haven't got the look ive been trying to get.

What do the photos in the The Black & White Gallery look like on your monitor? Same blue hue?

Post a color photo and the B&W you make from it. Also, state an exception to your "NOT OK to Edit" rule for those if you'd like someone else to try a conversion for you.

Buy the Alien Skin Exposure Photoshop plugin... You won't be disappointed. It has a ton of presets that can give you every look imaginable: Alien Skin Software: Exposure

What do the photos in the The Black & White Gallery look like on your monitor? Same blue hue?

Post a color photo and the B&W you make from it. Also, state an exception to your "NOT OK to Edit" rule for those if you'd like someone else to try a conversion for you.
As far as I can tell, most if not all of those photos have a blue hue to them some worse than others. So it seems I need to get this screen calibrated a bit better.

You need to calibrate the monitor.

You need to calibrate the monitor.
Have any suggestions on the best ways to do this? Something I am not familiar on. Im sure I could google it, but it seems you may be a bit knowledgeable in this area.

Most reactions

Back