Help with Bulb Mode

droidz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I have an Olympus E-620, and I am experimenting with long shutter speeds.

However, the longest shutter speed is 60 seconds, then its the Bulb mode.

The bulb mode would be great, except i have to constantly hold the shutter button down. Is there a way to set up the camera so that I can press the button once to open the shutter and press it again to close it up?

Get a remote, bro.

With a remote it may change to "time" mode, which lets you push the button to open the shutter, and press again to close it. But you do need a remote, as stated above.

Hey guys, I have an Olympus E-620, and I am experimenting with long shutter speeds.

However, the longest shutter speed is 60 seconds, then its the Bulb mode.

The bulb mode would be great, except i have to constantly hold the shutter button down. Is there a way to set up the camera so that I can press the button once to open the shutter and press it again to close it up?
Dude, they cover that in the users manual. ;)

And you can get a wired remote off ebay for like $3. Completely worth it.

lawl thanks!
bought an IR remote off ebay for 9 bucks. haha :p

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want LONG exposures, and I'm talking 15 Minutes +, unless you wanna hold your finger on the button for that long, then youll need a wired remote.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you want LONG exposures, and I'm talking 15 Minutes +, unless you wanna hold your finger on the button for that long, then youll need a wired remote.
Well, you maybe partly wrong as it will depend to a degree on the exact equipment being used.

I used a Nikon wireless IR remote (ML-L3) with my D90 for 30 minute exposures. The first push opens the shutter, the second push (30 minutes later) closes the shutter.

Or, on Canons you push to open shutter and release to close (in bulb mode). For long exposures you slide a "trip" over the remote button to keep it depressed for however long you want and slide it down to release. At least with the Ebay remote I have you do. Can't speak of the Canon brand.

Travis

Well, you maybe partly wrong as it will depend to a degree on the exact equipment being used.

I used a Nikon wireless IR remote (ML-L3) with my D90 for 30 minute exposures. The first push opens the shutter, the second push (30 minutes later) closes the shutter.

Didnt know some worked like that. I stand corrected.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back