Help with buying a new camera!

blkrush

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi!, I am an amateur in photography and have been shooting for about 4 years. I currently have an Olympus E-410 and I am looking to upgrade. I have about $900.00 to spend and with that money I need to be able to get the body, around 14-42mm lens, and a telephoto lens, about 70-300mm. I love Olympus, but I am open to suggestions. Please help me. Just for thoughts, is the Olympus E-610 worth it, if I am changing from the 410?

I'm still a newbie here, but I recently bought a Canon Rebel T2i, and I love it. I'd recommend Canon's 50mm 1.8 mkII instead of the 18-55mm kit lens, because the kit lens sucks, and the 50mm is awesome. Maybe spend a few extra bucks on a decent zoom instead? I realize you need a few lenses as well so you could probably get some decent prices on ebay. Best of luck!

I'm still a newbie here, but I recently bought a Canon Rebel T2i, and I love it. I'd recommend Canon's 50mm 1.8 mkII instead of the 18-55mm kit lens, because the kit lens sucks, and the 50mm is awesome. Maybe spend a few extra bucks on a decent zoom instead? I realize you need a few lenses as well so you could probably get some decent prices on ebay. Best of luck!

I don't know if only having the 50mm f/1.8 on a crop frame body would be the most versatile. Preferably, the kit lens and the 50mm would be nice. But there's not a good reason to get rid of the kit lens, unless you have something that covers the same zoom range.

I don't know if only having the 50mm f/1.8 on a crop frame body would be the most versatile. Preferably, the kit lens and the 50mm would be nice. But there's not a good reason to get rid of the kit lens, unless you have something that covers the same zoom range.

Sorry, I meant to add something about the 18-135, 18-200, or 17-85 would be a huge improvement (and a few more bucks). That being said, I still use my crappy kit lens for taking pictures of friends, etc, but I don't use it much when I go out to take pictures. You're right that just a 50mm would be pretty limiting.

I thought you should try securitycamera247 it is best because I had purchased from this company. It is really worked very nice. There you will get many types of cameras check which one is better for you.

I thought you should try securitycamera247 it is best because I had purchased from this company. It is really worked very nice. There you will get many types of cameras check which one is better for you.

No one is even mentioning security cameras on this forum.

get a d90! :)

kcot

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a sony a200. you can get one used for about $300 and you can get a wide variety of lens such as minolta, tamron, sigma and ZEISS. but the canon t2i is good and so is the nikon d3100.

Slightly off topic, but it might be worth it to check your local pawn shops before hitting up eBay. I've found that it's much nicer to be able to hold the product you're buying if you can, rather than trusting ebay, and deals can be had. Good luck!

Most reactions

Back