Help with color cast

hmreyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot a session last night and this little boy had on a shirt that really put a color cast on his face. Most of them aren't this bad, but I love this picture. You can really see it strongly in this picture << right on his neck. Does anyone know how I could remove this other than cloning? I tried taking out the red but it seemed to actually make it a stronger color cast.

question.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, dialed down the red channel a bit but how to I convert to monochrome? I checked the box below but it turned it some weird off color.

Such cute pictures but the color casts on all of them are driving me crazy.
question2.jpg

If you allow editing of your photos, people may be able to play with them to help you better.

Are you in Lightroom or Photoshop?

Okay, I can allow people to edit, I don't mind. I use both but prefer to edit in Photoshop. I adjust in Lightroom the exposure, color, etc then move to Photoshop.

Okay, I can allow people to edit, I don't mind. I use both but prefer to edit in Photoshop. I adjust in Lightroom the exposure, color, etc then move to Photoshop.
You still have your settings listed as "Photos NOT OK to edit", but based on your statement, here's a quick edit from Lightroom. PS would probably be better...

Edited2.png

This is what I did in LR:
  • Go to Color
    • Red
      • Hue: +35
      • Saturation: -23
    • Magenta (to get rid of some of the fringing around the flowers in front of him)
      • Saturation: -65
  • Create adjustment brush around his lips
    • Saturation: +38
ETA: In PS, you could easily select the area and try something similar, but, IMO, that still might leave his shirt a little too saturated.

WOW!! Thank you so much for this!! Going to try it now!!! WOO hoo!!

Worked amazing!!! Thank you for your help!!

Glad I could help!

Most reactions

Back