Help with combining photos?

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im using cs3 and Im trying to merge 4 photos to one . My wife is setting in 4 different chairs next to each other and I want to combine them to one. How do I do it? I placed to of the images in the same document and tried using edit- auto align but that option does not pop up . what is a easy way for me to merge them? Thanks once again TPF!

i dont think he's trying to do a pano.. I think he's trying to do something like this:

n513738225_939329_5471.jpg

correct?

i dont think he's trying to do a pano.. I think he's trying to do something like this:

n513738225_939329_5471.jpg

correct?

Yes how do I do that. I tried using photomerge but it does not work.

there are a few ways to do it.. but, what I do, is, lay down the base image (for this one, it was the image with me on the left side of the couch) then I laid the image with the middle me on top of it.. then, i took the eraser, and, on the layer with the middle me, erased the left side of the image, thus revealing the layer under it, which had the left me.. then I merged those 2 layers to make 1 layer, then, I laid the 3rd image, the one with me on the right over those, and did the erasing again... hopefully that isn't to confusing sounding..

as I said, there are other ways, this is how I do it, it takes only a few minutes if you're good with the eraser..

heres a few others...

n513738225_633725_1773.jpg

n513738225_1387932_3099.jpg

there are a few ways to do it.. but, what I do, is, lay down the base image (for this one, it was the image with me on the left side of the couch) then I laid the image with the middle me on top of it.. then, i took the eraser, and, on the layer with the middle me, erased the left side of the image, thus revealing the layer under it, which had the left me.. then I merged those 2 layers to make 1 layer, then, I laid the 3rd image, the one with me on the right over those, and did the erasing again... hopefully that isn't to confusing sounding..

as I said, there are other ways, this is how I do it, it takes only a few minutes if you're good with the eraser..

heres a few others...

n513738225_633725_1773.jpg

n513738225_1387932_3099.jpg

Thanks that worked great!

I will post them tonight.

awesome.. I really like clone photos.. i think they are a lot of fun and can become very creative depending on the fun you want to have.. i've created a few of these, and have some other ideas written down as to clone shots that I want to do.. they are as follows:

1. me playing poker with myself
2. me having a kitchen party with myself.. I have a large collection of musicial instruments here, and i'd love to create a nice down east feel clone shot

Layer them, then erase where the other chairs are.

Personally, I avoid Erase when a Layer Mask will do. Layer Masks are easier to alter. Your only recovery from a mistake with Erase is Undo or History.

Here's a screen shot showing an assembly using Layer Masks:

Screenshot.jpg

Most reactions

Back