Help with D50 !! Weird Problem

LMHT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Everybody!
I am new to this site as well as new to photograpy so I hope the problem with my camera is a silly one instead of something serious.

Ok, so yesterday I was really playing around with my Nikon D50 settings. Today, I attach the lense and the flashing F-- wont go away, the camera will not let me take any pictures (the focus view is red) and when it does "click" no photo shows up in the view screen. It is just black???!!!???

What is going on? I charged the battery, removed and re-attached the lense, cleaned everything off. I am stumped.

Thanks for your help!

Lisa

Check the aperture ring on the lens. If it's not set to its' highest f/number (if it's a nikon lens, the number should be orange), then the D50 won't recognize it. That's probably whats up.

Thanks for your reply...Now, how do I do this??? Sorry, I am REALLY green at this...By the way, I have been playing around with it and it does have something to do with light. The picutres are starting to show up but they are almost black. So is that the aperture?

Lisa

LMHT said:
Thanks for your reply...Now, how do I do this??? Sorry, I am REALLY green at this...By the way, I have been playing around with it and it does have something to do with light. The picutres are starting to show up but they are almost black. So is that the aperture?

Lisa

My guess is you have a G lens and it doesn't have an aperture ring. Have you looked in the manual?

F-- is no lens attached or non-CPU lens attached.
FEE is lens not set to minimum aperture.
What lens are you using? If it's a CPU lens make sure it's locked on and the contacts are clean. If it's a non-CPU lens you have to use the camera in manual mode.

Most reactions

Back