Help With Editing A Poor Quality Photo?

NeonFishnets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay. First of all, as a newbie, I have NO idea if this is the right place to post this thread. So I'm really sorry if it is.

But! I do need some serious help. My dad's funeral is in a few days and the only late photo anybody can seem to find of him is him with my mom in a 5x7 disposable camera photo. I've tried everything I know how to do in Satan's editing program (Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0), but I'm not too skilled.

Here's the photo:

Is this completely hopeless? Or are there certain tips and tricks I can use to make it better and bigger?

Or -even-, if anyone has the time, could they try to spruce it up for me?

I would really appreciate any help I can get. This means a lot.

What exactly do you want done to it?

I just want it cropped in on him and made a bit bigger so you can actually tell who it is. I've tried fixing the pixel resolution and stuff like that but I'm not too good at these things.

Anything I can do?

Well, having a shoulder there doesn't really bother anyone.

dad2editpn1.jpg

It's just the size and quality that's bugging me.

Well I am just starting out and am not very good, now I see your not worried about shoulder, I will try again.
dad2uo4.jpg

Actually, that's perfect. My mom said that it would work just fine.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it, more than you know :)

That is some very fine work there Dslrchat - though I think you might try blurring along the new arm and side that you added - they look a little to sharp when compared to the rest of the shot

Good job DSLRchat, dont think i could get anywhere near that good of a result.

I did this last night and by the time I was done the forum wouldnt load, so sorry its late

Photoshopped.jpg

I use photoshop elements 4, I copied and then rotated his right side of the body, and pasted it onto the left side, colned out the watch and cloned in some back ground.

Im still learning so my cloning isnt great neither is the copy and paste, but t a small size its not too noticable

I dont think you can make it bigger with out using a special program.

Sorry for your loss

Most reactions

New Topics

Back