Help with EF85mm 1.8 Lens

Well, I tried turning off the red eye on the camera and it didn't work. The weird thing is when I load the pictures on Elements 6 it's loading two of them, one bad one like pictured here and one good one. I am so lost with this.

IMG_1276_edited-1.jpg

I have no clue, something is really messed up, maybe a setting in the camera.

I'm not familiar with Elements 6. Is it possible that it is automatically "fixing" red-eye when the file is imported? Maybe a setting needs to be changed in the software?

Did the flash even fire on the first one (doesn't look like it)? The red-eye reduction shouldn't be doing anything if there's no flash, right?

This is defiantely a software problem, no way it's the lens, and I kinda doubt it's the camera.

Look at the camera settings for saving your images to your card are you saving in Jpeg and RAW? That is the only thing I can think of for a reason why two images would load. The image of the dog says edited what editing did you do to it? Dont do any editing to an image if you want feedback on an issue. Leave it as is so we can see everything.

Look at the camera settings for saving your images to your card are you saving in Jpeg and RAW? That is the only thing I can think of for a reason why two images would load. The image of the dog says edited what editing did you do to it? Dont do any editing to an image if you want feedback on an issue. Leave it as is so we can see everything.

The pic of my dog was not edited.

Well I called Canon this morning and they want me to e-mail them the pics. If anyone else has any thoughts I'm here to listen.

What software are you using (what are you importing these from the camera with)?

Most reactions

Back