Help with my logo?

LuckySe7en

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I'm desigining a logo and was hoping some of you photoshop masters wouldn't mind spending a minute or two on my basic design.

Please, no critique. I like what I've come up with, I just need to make it pop. Feel free to do anythign you wish, just keep the basic design going. I like the clean and simple approach. This was designed in MS Paint (I know, I know) but this is all I have right now.

I really appreciate it.

black.jpg

Last edited:
The first thing I would recommend is to try and get someone with illustrator to create the same thing so this way you can make it whatever size you like and it wont pixelize like this does as soon I open it in photoshop and give you an .ai file.

If you like, pm me the font you used for both and I could probably help you out with that. It will give us something much better to work with.

Works in black and white, pretty scale-able... only two fonts used. I'd say it's good. I would get rid of the outline and see how it works. I can't see the profile of the camera you have on the right, it's not obvious enough... you might want to try to make it more camera like. Also try it with the camera outline but without the outline on the left. Also try a different, more consistently (in terms of line thickness) serif font for the word PHOTOGRAPHY. But overall, it'd say it looks pretty nice. Try out some different combinations though.

@ Demers18- Ok I'll PM you

@nickzou- thanks for your input, but I asked for no critique this time. I know, it's habit, we all want to help eachother out. Believe me I've tried many variations of this design. I seem to like this one best.

You will have problems using that color. You don't want it as as JPEG file, so you can maintain transparency of the background.

Photoshop has vector tools, so you don't need to do it in Illustrator but you do need to make it a vector graphic and not a raster graphic which is what it is now.
Raster graphics often pixelate when resized smaller, vector graphics have virtually no sizing limits.

KMH, the color isn't really important to me. I'm totally have no idea how to make a logo, I just designed something in paint to get started. What do I need to make it a vector graphic?

The color is important. You want it to be consistent and adaptable for use on multiple types of photos. A grey scale works best but one black and one white version is a decent way to go too. You need better software like photoshop or illustrator to make vector images that can be resized. This would be a good time to start saving for photoshop. if you want to go pro or even semi pro you would need it for editing and other graphics work such as this.

thanks Joe, I am getting PS soon. My crap laptop I have now isn't up to par to run PS though. All of my editing thus far has been done on another computer (long story) I'm just trying to get some ideas as to what I can do with this design. I really like it. And while it's mainly to stamp my photos, I would like to make an official logo to utilize further down the line

thanks Joe, I am getting PS soon. My crap laptop I have now isn't up to par to run PS though. All of my editing thus far has been done on another computer (long story) I'm just trying to get some ideas as to what I can do with this design. I really like it. And while it's mainly to stamp my photos, I would like to make an official logo to utilize further down the line

I feel ya. My laptop is from 2007. So it is a dinosaur in computer terms. Still runs on MS XP. When you get a new comp get one that has 64 bits. im pretty sure thats the standard now for most. Mine is still only 32 and I run cs4 which is somewhat out dated now. But it gets the job done and does pretty much the same things as cs5 just not quite as well. But the tutorials for PS online make it very easy to use. There is a tutorial for almost anything and lots of youtubes that make it even easier because then you actually see what they are doing and where the different tools are located.

I dont know if you have considered this but what about a transparent logo?

That's exactly what I want to do. Make it transparent. Well thats one of the things I want to do. Along with a few others.

Hey there, I see u don't want a critique on your logo, so instead I shall offer my help.

I just need to know what purposes you would like to use it for. Eg; watermark or logo, or one water mark and a slightly different version for a logo?

If I may make a suggestion, I would agree with a previous poster and say have a grayscale watermark that can also be transparent if you wish, then have a something similar to your watermark, except maybe with some color in it?

I am more than willing to do some mock ups for you, let me know.

Ryan, yes please if you don't mind. Do as you wish. Just stick to the basic design.

Eh what the heck, if you have critique, go ahead and give it to me. Thanks

KmH said:
Photoshop has vector tools, so you don't need to do it in Illustrator but you do need to make it a vector graphic.

I'm aware that you can create vector images in photoshop, but personally I prefer the tools in Illustrator much better when it comes to logos. Personal preference though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back