HELP WITH MY T4I!!!!!!! 58mm vs. 67mm

musicaltariq

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad:

First post ever...so please be gentle...

Is the 70-300mm lense supposed to be compatible with my t4i? I have the t4i as well as the old school Rebel 2000 and the 75-300 attaches to my 2000 with no problem, however when I try to use the lens with my t4i, it doesn't seem to fit. I noticed the respective lenses that came with each body have different threads: the 18-135 stm that came with my t4i has 67mm threads, while the 50-85 (or whatever it is) that came with my 2000 has 58mm threads. I thought my 75-300 would fit BOTH bodies, hence the reason I got it in the first place. Yes yes yes...I know the EF lenses can't hold a torch to the STM lenses, but I was on a budget and I'm more than happy when using the lens with my 2000, just need to figure out how to also use it with my t4i. Am I missing something here? Do I need an adapter or am I just not doing it right????

Thanks!

:madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad::madmad:

it is suppose to fit. I am not sure why you have a hard time. The thread you are talking about is for filter attachment. It has nothing to do with the mount for the lens.

it is suppose to fit. I am not sure why you have a hard time. The thread you are talking about is for filter attachment. It has nothing to do with the mount for the lens.

Hmmmm...I'll try it again. I'm not a professional yet, but I thought I at least knew how to put on a lens. Maybe I was too happy...I was taking pictures with my girlfriend :eyebrows:

Hmmmm...I'll try it again. I'm not a professional yet, but I thought I at least knew how to put on a lens. Maybe I was too happy...I was taking pictures with my girlfriend :eyebrows:

Got it...thanks man!

Most reactions

Back