help with night shots

B15Chris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my biggest weaknesses is shooting night pics ,something I dont do often. I was looking at my camera settings and see it was set on auto.I do use a tripod,but currently broken till I but a new one. I'll post some pics that I took at a car meet last week as well as some shots from last year at a outdoor meett The pics were taken in a well lit garage and a parking lot

010.jpg

021.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

some I took with a tripod and some without it

009.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

any advice on the settings Im using a nikond3000 slr

I haven't done much night photography, but what I have learned is that have the Iso set to 50-400 the lowest the better this will reduce the noise and the aperature set around f/11, the exposure should be however long is needed, or a calble release would help a lot. You can find a cheap cable release on Amazon for around $5.

I haven't done much night photography, but what I have learned is that have the Iso set to 50-400 the lowest the better this will reduce the noise and the aperature set around f/11, the exposure should be however long is needed, or a calble release would help a lot. You can find a cheap cable release on Amazon for around $5.

I'll give that a shot i'll practice tonight but thanx for the help I'll post up pics from it and i'll get that cable thing too

Most reactions

New Topics

Back