Help with old photo, looking for the pro's

DaleTodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am stumped on this one..it is of my father when he was young...any hints on cleaning it up are appreciated, feel free to take a stab at it...
[email protected]

Untitled.jpg

it is the final photo for a family slideshow that I have been working on for a year...

Strange effect...does it really look like that, or do you think something was wrong with the scanner settings? I´ve never seen an old photo do that.

actually it does look like that, old photo paper...they used to be dancers with Sammy Davis in the old days of the Cotton Club

Wow.... that's quite a task!! You'll probably have to "re-paint" the whole thing as I don't think there is any scratch removal tool or despeckle tool or the like that will do it automatically. A lot of it may have to be done a pixel at a time. I've never worked on anything in that sever of shape so I don't have any direct tips, sorry.

ya know, I thought that might just be the only answer...sounds like an afternoon of a project....thanks

Not a whole lot you can do without spending hours, here are a couple of edits, if nothing else, maybe it will give you some ideas.

scan0013_edit.jpg

scan0013_edit_bw.jpg

Hey DV8 that is a real step in the right direction, I will take that second one and start to work to fill in the rest...and I gotta say, thats an interesting nickname. Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back