Help with out of state rates!!

zhuboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I am a videographer located in New York and my client is located in New Jersey. I've done her wedding in the past and she would like me for another gig, but this time the gig will be in Texas for a business convention of hers. So it is a 3 day gig but I will be there for 4 days. She said that airfare, hotel, and food for me and an assistant will be provided. I will be working for approximately 14 hours throughout the whole stay and doing post production.

I am thinking about charging her my regular rates but do I charge her per diem I everything is provided? If so how much??

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
I would charge for the travel days, since you can't shoot any other jobs while traveling, 4 days of your normal rate, and any other line item expenses I incur during the assignment.

Of course, there would also be the use licensing fees.

Per diem is for lodging and meals, which the client has already comitted to cover, though it's not clear if you would be submitting receipts for reimbursement or the client will be providing a cash advance.

The client is requesting YOUR presence that is why she is willing to pay for all that. You should charge your regular price, because that will be taking away from your own time in doing other things, I wouldn't take it as a "Bonus gift", it's what people do when they want YOUR expertise and not a local's.

Most reactions

Back