Help with photoshop

janetking

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Help,
I am new to blogging and new to the photography business. I am starting my own business and now that I finally have some real orders coming in, I need to get my company name on all of the shots that I take. In Photoshop 7.0 How do I add my company name to the corner of all the photos that I do in a shoot. Please help. I am doing a pre-school next week and dont want to have to use Corel and add the name manually on hundreds of photos. Any help would be appreciated.
J-Nut

One way to do it in Photoshop, would be to create a brush shape out of your name. Then you can just click the name in. You could probably make an action of it and do them all in a batch.

Another way, would be to have the name as a separate PSD file with a transparent background. You could then create an action to insert and align the name...then run the action in a batch.

Ok Mike,
That went over my head a little. Can you explain exactly how to do the brush stroke thing. I do work with computers a lot but I am not real familiar with Photoshop and I am having a hard time getting around in it.
J-Nut

I read a tutorial about it, several years ago...so I might be a little foggy on the details...but you could probably use Google to track down a similar tutorial.

Basically, you use the text tool to create your text/name etc. Then you select the shape of the text, probably with the magic wand. Once you have all the text shapes selected, you should be able to define a new brush. You would then have a brush in the shape of your text. Then you simply select that brush and click it into your image. You should be able to control the size, color and opacity etc.

It's probably better to do it as a separate file and insert it. Create your text on a new canvas and get rid of the background. Save this as a PSD file. Then all you have to do is open one of your images and 'insert' the file (I'm not sure which command it is). You can use the align tools to place it on the edge or corner etc. If you are saving this as an action, don't use the mouse to place it, use the align tools and the arrow keys. You can adjust the opacity of the layer etc.
One thing to watch for is that your size & resolution match. If it's off, the text/name layer will come in at the wrong size.

Thanks,
I really appreciate the help. I will give that a try and if I cant get it to work I will google a tutorial on it. I appreciate the help.
J-Nut

Most reactions

New Topics

Back