Help with print order!

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I met someone who's interested in one of my photos and wants a print, but he lives on the east coast so that means I’m going to have to ship it. He says he wants an 8x10 on 8x10 on archival print paper with a luster finish (not glossy). He also wants to know how much it would be framed with UV/non-glare glass and archival backing in ~8x10.

There’s a professional digital/film lab about 20 minutes walk from my apartment that I’m positive will be able to do all that. I’m not quite sure how much all that is going to cost so I can’t make a real estimate now but I’m thinking it will be around $80.

My question is how am I going to bill him? I prefer check or money order, so should I send in the print with a bill attached or should I have him send out the check at the same time as I send out the print and hope for the best? I also always sign my prints. Is there anything else that I’m missing here?

This is what he wants to order by the way:

DSC_0084_EDIT_SMALL.jpg

You might consider setting up a paypal account to handle the transaction. That will let people pay with credit card, too, and you don't have to handle anything. I'd send him a bill and have him pay in whatever way is most convenient for him. I think UPS does a cash on delivery service, but i'm not entirely sure how it works/how the money gets back to you.

I believe the current procedure for selling stuff online is for the buyer to send money, and then once you receive it you send the product. I would suggest this. If someone were to scam the other, it would be impossible for you to get your print back, but there would be a paper trail for his money, which he could retrieve and potentially prosecute the seller. (I'm not saying you'd rip him off, just that it makes more sense that way.)

^^ Right that's what I want to do. I want to do check or money order, preferably chack.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back