Help with PROMax 600 Studio Strobe

radiorickm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In a horse trade of sorts, I wound up with (2) PROMax studio strobe units, a 600w/s and a 300 w/s unit. These are the fairly large sized mono-lights, and I believe that they are made by Blazzeo.

I am trying to figure out what the "mount" is on the front of the unit, as what I have always thought is a Bowens mount appears to be to large. The little plastic strobe cover looks like a Bowens, but it's smaller.

It has 3 lugs, and appears to be 90mm or 3 1/2" in diameter. I am trying to find the adapter to put my Bowens stuff on this light. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I ran into an issue a few years back with a JTL 300 W-s monolight...I bought a Bowens-fit speedring for it, but the three lugs on the speedring were not "quite right"...it took 30 minutes of filing and cussing and test-fitting to get the doggone thing to fit. If the lugs are approximately in the right places, as in on the face of the clock orientation-wise but do not "quite" fit, this might be a possible modification to get you to the Bowens 3-lug promised land.

I looked for Blazzeo PROMax600 info, and found an Alibaba web page that shows the general 3-lug type female fittings on the front of a number of MIC lights; it might be possible that there is another old, standard mount that uses 3 lugs and is close to Bowens. Not sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back