Help with prop bed

RubyGloom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am doing some Boudoir pictures soon and want to do some on a bed, any suggestions on how to make a prop bed? I don't have enough room to get a real bed because I have nowhere in my studio space to store it.

Thanks!

I use the client's bedroom. You could use a roll-away cot maybe?

You dont' really need a bed for boudoir. You can shoot boudoir on a street in the middle of traffic and have it look hot. Start thinking of things OTHER than a bed...
I know a photographer who rents a high end hotel suite each time she does a boudoir marathon and puts on the whole glam thing. Champagne, fruit, chocolate, pampering and the whole nine yards. It's an expensive endeavor, but the sessions price reflects that too... You definitely get what you pay for from her and more.

Go down to the local thrift store, buy a box-spring, put a nice sheet on it, and when you're done, into the dumpster. It won't be very comfortable, but it also won't sag, and it should make posing a lot easier.

Hey, I've seen them made to look great. I've also seen air mattresses dressed up to look like a great bed. That might be an option for you!

Hey, I've seen them made to look great. I've also seen air mattresses dressed up to look like a great bed. That might be an option for you!
That's a thought; not sure where you're located Ruby, but Canadian Tire carries one which is on legs, and comes in (I think) everything from single to queen.

Thanks for the advice! I think I will try the air mattress. The hotel idea is cool also. I know I dont need a bed but The girl I'm shooting asked to do some photos on a bed. I would do it at her place but she lives 2 hours away so I will try the air mattress and see how I turns out! Thanks again!

Rent to own places can be used too. Pick out all you like, have it delivered and set up for you, use it, then call them to come back and get it - for cheap - one week's rental for a really nice looking bed or a whole bedroom isn't very expensive for just a week. I used to rent one when I had family coming to stay for a week or two.

When I had an at home studio I set my spare room up so it could also be used in shoots.

Most reactions

Back