julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi guys

I had a 20D, I now have a 5D. The software that came with the 20D was EOS Viewer Utility, it was my default when connecting my camera. Now, the Viewer Utility doesn't recognize the 5D and it's defaulting to iphoto which I don't want to use. I have no way of uploading my CR2 files. Iphoto won't even upload them (its an older version, from 2004 with my G5 Mac).

Is there any free software out there that will allow me to upload RAW? I tried a few adobe plugins but I'm not having success. I edit with photoshop CS2. I'm not in the market to by CS3 yet.

thanks...

hi guys

I had a 20D, I now have a 5D. The software that came with the 20D was EOS Viewer Utility, it was my default when connecting my camera. Now, the Viewer Utility doesn't recognize the 5D and it's defaulting to iphoto which I don't want to use. I have no way of uploading my CR2 files. Iphoto won't even upload them (its an older version, from 2004 with my G5 Mac).

Is there any free software out there that will allow me to upload RAW? I tried a few adobe plugins but I'm not having success. I edit with photoshop CS2. I'm not in the market to by CS3 yet.

thanks...

i've been wondering the same thing.....

If you only want to upload, I would use a card reader. Doesn't the 5D ship with DPP software? I thought this even worked with the 1D.

What version of DPP are you using? The latest I downloaded came with a new Utility. As long as you have a version on your PC, you can upgrade.

I checked the site, if you navigate to the 5D software, you'll see the updates for all of it . I see there is a firmware update from Dec 2007 also.

You may be able to download it since you have one component of the software (Utility). Your 20D should have come with DPP and Utility.

TCImages---because you can't see my red face, I just opened the box of the 5D and of course there is the disc in there with
DPP on it, like you said. Apparently, in my excitement of a new camera, I overlooked it. Thanks for making me check!

well, if I had a 5D Julie, I would be excited too!!! Glad you're able to work now. BTW- I would still consider a card reader. Many things could go wrong connecting your camera to a PC. :)

I use DPP for all my RAW. I love it. It's the starting point for my workflow.

Yeah, I have a 5D and it comes with at least everything my 30D came with...I was a little surprised when I first read this post that you said it didn't come with software...I thought to myself "gotta love those grey market goods".

Still having problems here. I've downloaded the DPP 3.0. But it's not recognizing my 5D. I have DPP up and usually with the other software it will automatically recognize the camera when turned on (and connected obviously).
Is there something that you can share that I need to do?

thanks a lot.

did you install EOS Utility? This creates the camera connection. BTW- It shoul dbe like version 3.2? I would use the CDs to install if you didn't already do that.

Most reactions

Back