Help with removing glass glare

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I have tried levels and the burn tool and hit a dead wall - I can't seem to lose the glare from the glass without darkening the photo to a level where it starts to lose its quality - so anyone out there got any suggestions/ideas as to how to remove glare like in the photo below - ps I am only using photoshop elements 6.

IMG_0057.jpg

Thank you

Well, I couldn't quite figure how to do this by explaining with words.. so, I took a stab at it with a few technics I have leaned over the years.. still not sure if it is completely possible to eliminate the glare due to total loss in detail.. here is my shot at it, I am sure if I worked at it alittle better I could do more ..

IMG_0057.jpg

One other suggestion is to get yourself a circular polarizer -- does wonders for removing reflections/glare from glass.

One other suggestion is to get yourself a circular polarizer -- does wonders for removing reflections/glare from glass.

After that trip is it one item already on my wish list now ;)

I gave it a shot as well.

IMG_0057copy.jpg

I use Adobe Photoshop CS3, but this is what I did:

- With a soft brush tool I went into Quick Mask Tool and selected all the glare. Once all the glare was selected I went into curves and adjusted in RGB only. I did this in two sections; the 1st half being between the wolfs head and up to about the center of the meat, and then again from the center of the meat on...

- Once the glare looked removed I did the normal edits.

Last edited:
I agree great work - I will try the selective levels editing - thanks :)

reg - I spent 10 mins looking for the spider before realising you were on about the lunch -- sorry never occurred to me!

Most reactions

Back