Help with SMENA 8M

adam19161

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good evening :) I've just found this cute vintage camera called SMENA 8M. Today I bought a film, then followed some tutorials and loaded it into the camera. Now I'm facing a strange problem. To advance to next frame you need to use "Advance wheel" but how do I know that I'm on next b frame? I'm afraid of rolling that wheel, what if I roll through half of the film without even noticing? How do you do it guys? Thanks in advance, sorry for stupid question but I'm newcomer to this "lomography bussines".

There are other people who know the Russian cameras more than me so they'll hopefully see this and give you some tips.

Does the camera have a film counter? that shows what number frame you're on? or does it stop when you advance the film to the next frame?

Meanwhile maybe this would be of interest.
Comrades, the Lomo Smena 8M! | Film Photography Project

There are other people who know the Russian cameras more than me so they'll hopefully see this and give you some tips.

Does the camera have a film counter? that shows what number frame you're on? or does it stop when you advance the film to the next frame?

Meanwhile maybe this would be of interest.
Comrades, the Lomo Smena 8M! | Film Photography Project

Good advice. The FPP crew is a great resource, especially for old and/or offbeat cameras.

It has a frame counter. Just advance the wheel on the back a few times and it should stop at the next frame.

I like old and offbeat. In cameras that is.

Thank you for your help guys :) I really apreciate it

Most reactions

Back