Help With This Photo

Thanks @Derrel appreciate the comments. I think I find myself being a little to critical of myself at times, especially after looking at and working on same photo over and over. Really appreciate the advice of so many here that have helped me learn and grown.

What a cutie! Good lighting that reveals the face shape. I think you are too focused in on this minor nit. It is not very apparent to me.
I thought you meant the shadow above her ear. I didn't even notice the little shadow you are talking about. Derrel is absolutely correct. And, from what you wrote, she is a real firecracker. Enjoy her cause she won't be little for long.

School's out and nobody's here yet for Xmas so I've got a break -- she is a cutie, so I took a crack at sprucing he up. That shadow will smooth out in PS with the healing brush.

Joe

ping_pong_ball.jpg

I´ with Derrel, I wouldn´t really notice. However, I gave it a try. I used several layers of the patch tool to retain the texture as much as possible, and still even out the shadows. Sometimes that gives weird color effects. Then you can copy the original layer above it and set layer effects to "color". I wouldn´t say the edit is better than the original, but I hope the area that bothered you is less visible.
I found the flower to be a bit distracting, but I do know and understand that with a girl of this age you can´t look much at the background :D .
I also shifted the focus a bit towards her eyes.

She is so cute btw - I love retouching cute faces ;) .

Bear Cheeks12132016_019 tpf small-2.jpg
However, the more you work on a jpg, the more compressed it will get so working on the raw file would have probably created better results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back