Help with TLR camera, Ricohflex

meynard2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This has happened on 2 rolls idk what to do , i cleaned it and maybe i put a mirror backwards? i'm at a loss here Idk what to do do you have any tips?

Attachments

• 00160002.JPG
    00160002.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 99
Well, DID you put the mirror in backward?

Did you remove the lenses for cleaning? Looks like the viewing lens and the taking lens are out of sync. Easy check is to tape a hunk of wax paper where the film would be, point the camera at a bright lamp 4 to 6 ft away then focus a sharpish image on the paper. Should match the viewer image, if not adjustments are in order. Mirror could be not seated properly too.

It looks like one of the elements in the taking lens has been placed in backwards.

I think it is three elements

Reactions: NGH
Home now looking at the image on my computer screen, larger than phone. Think Dennis has a good point, looks like a reversed lens element.

It looks like one of the elements in the taking lens has been placed in backwards.

Dang any idea how to fix it? I got it this way and when I cleaned it I never touched the taking lens nor did I even take it out...

Did you remove the lenses for cleaning? Looks like the viewing lens and the taking lens are out of sync. Easy check is to tape a hunk of wax paper where the film would be, point the camera at a bright lamp 4 to 6 ft away then focus a sharpish image on the paper. Should match the viewer image, if not adjustments are in order. Mirror could be not seated properly too.

Will have to give it a shot, I never removed any lenses I bought off ebay they may have tried to do that.

Home now looking at the image on my computer screen, larger than phone. Think Dennis has a good point, looks like a reversed lens element.
Dang how hard would it be to fix?

Any idea or website to fix it?

You need tools.
I have not had one of these cameras so I do not have any specific guidance ... but looking at stuff on the net you will need a spanner wrench to work on the rear element. The front element will require some more work to get into it.
If you are not comfortable taking cameras/lenses apart ... then this will not be an easy thing ... especially if you do not have any micro screw drivers.

You need tools.
I have not had one of these cameras so I do not have any specific guidance ... but looking at stuff on the net you will need a spanner wrench to work on the rear element. The front element will require some more work to get into it.
If you are not comfortable taking cameras/lenses apart ... then this will not be an easy thing ... especially if you do not have any micro screw drivers.
I have micro Japan screw drivers and some items from cleaning vintage lenses but i'll have to read more on it, may give my local camera shop a call tho

Most reactions

Back