help!

qwerty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi all, im new here. I've been looking around a little, looks like a cool place! I have a problem though. I cant sign out! I press log out, and it says all cookies cleared or something like that, then when i click a link to go back to a page, I'm still signed in. I have tried other variations of links and such to get back, but i'm always still signed in. I'm afraid to sign in somewhere and leave it signed in.

Welcome! :)

The same thing happened to me. It could be that you when you go back to a page after logging out you are viewing that page stored in your internet browserÂ’s cache (so the page you are viewing is not up to date, showing that you are logged out). You could either clear the cache in your browser or, after you go to a page after logging out, try refreshing the page and that should do it. If that doesnÂ’t do it then IÂ’m not sure what the problem is.

David

I've seen something similar happen before and it had to do with the browser that was being used. I've never had any other issues though. Strange one.

Welcome to TPF

qwerty said:
hi all, im new here. I've been looking around a little, looks like a cool place! I have a problem though. I cant sign out! I press log out, and it says all cookies cleared or something like that, then when i click a link to go back to a page, I'm still signed in. I have tried other variations of links and such to get back, but i'm always still signed in. I'm afraid to sign in somewhere and leave it signed in.
Hi qwerty, are you leaving the little "remember me" box checked by the login box? Depending on your browser, it will hold it and leave you logged in for some time, but not forever. ;)

Welcome to the forum! :D

Lol I like the fact im always logged in, hate being logged out...its like someone locking the door after you when you pop out for some fresh air!

Welcome!

(Dont mind Terri, she only bites a few times)

It's might be because your browser has remembered your password in it's password management thing. I dunno if this gets cleared when you log out. Just an idea.

Safari sometimes does similar things to me on ebay and yahoo. It is usually a cache thing. once cleared it works fine. Good Luck and Welcome to TPF!!! and yes terri will bite. :mrgreen:

welcome aboard...

Most reactions

Back