help

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
lately i've been traveling a certain road where i spot eagles almost daily, but never find myself in a good position for a shot though. this morning i saw this thing and can't identify it. i know it's not a hawk. does anyone recognize what it may be? this was on the chesapeake bay bridge in MD. sorry for the poor quality...i shot thru the windshield almost directly into the sun. thanks for your help.

34465077-L.jpg

You were right the first time Raymond.
It's an Osprey.

I turned up the contrast a lot in PS and it does have the markings of an Osprey.
Osprey.jpg

Also, Bald Eagles do not have crossing wing tips. Although Bald Eagles DO have that fish hook beak.

Great capture JonMikal!
I've only seen one or two of those down here. I did get to see one catch a fish though. :)

Nice shot, I'm gonna go with an Osprey. We have plenty here in Florida. And I would bit my AE-1 on it. I love them birds !

hey jon, i think its an osp-crow.....good eye!! them suckers are rare....

explain why you can take what you think is a lousy shot..and it smokes all my carefully planned shots???? would you please post a blurry shoddy pic of a garbage can, or something??? just for me? so i can feel better????

thanks...Osprey it is.

canoncan - thats a great shot, thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back