Help!!!

mrstravis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I took some photos for a friend of mine for free. She is a tad bit on the well let's be honest....fat side. Anyway, she has turned into a total prima Donna and wants the photos edited so that she appears smaller. Here are two photos that I need help with. If someone can please tell me how to decrease the lumps and bumps in the neck area please. Thanks in advance

$image-1273347815.jpg

Attachments

• $image-2129099377.jpg
    $image-2129099377.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 122
Also I am using CS4.

Whatever edit you do on her is going to make her look fake. It wont be believable. It may be slightly possible in the first pic but I highly doubt youll be able to do anything about the 2nd one. Good luck, I wish I could help.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... yeah. I would gently tell her that you're really not very good with Photoshop.

First, search YouTube and the interweb for ways to pose plus sized people. Second, offer to reshoot (remind her it's free) using the posing methods you gained. Third, if that doesn't work, remind her there are plenty of skilled photographers who will gladly take her money.

I think you're dealing with 2 main issues at hand: 1) poor posing technique 2) a woman who refuses to admit her body is what it is

I'll give it a whirl!
Here is the first one..
$image-1273347815.jpg

Here is #2
$image-2129099377.jpg

With larger couples, I always put the woman slightly behind the man. This give the illusion that the woman is smaller. Never shoot straight on if you can avoid it, Read up on posing larger people. There is a lot of information on it.
Also, these pictures are not in focus, at all. But I edited them anyways to help "slim" the woman. There is only so much that can be done without going overboard.

Last edited:
Hi all, I took some photos for a friend of mine for free. She is a tad bit on the well let's be honest....fat side. Anyway, she has turned into a total prima Donna and wants the photos edited so that she appears smaller. Here are two photos that I need help with. If someone can please tell me how to decrease the lumps and bumps in the neck area please. Thanks in advance

The place to deal with getting flattering photos of larger people is BEFORE you press the shutter button. For example DONT have them lay on the ground like you did.

That said the images that you posted have BIGGER issues then the fact that the the person in them is larger person.

The first one she is extremely out of focus and he is a little out of focus. You also didn't pay attention to the background as there is a nice distracting plug on the wall behind them.

The second one he is extremely out of focus and she is a little out of focus. Also again a lack of attention to the background as there are crease marks on the black cloth you have them laying on.

Nether of the two images you posted are work trying to spend time in Photoshop making her look better because of the focus issues.

Personal I think she would look just fine in the first one is she was actually in focus. The reason she does not look so great in the second one is because of the awkward pose, and having her on the floor.

Thank you all for your time and advice. She is well aware that I am an amateur and was made aware of the technical flaws with these photos. However she chose them for print at her local Walgreens which says to me that she was not in the financial position to hire anyone professional or at the very least get them on professional paper.

Thank you all for your time and advice. She is well aware that I am an amateur and was made aware of the technical flaws with these photos. However she chose them for print at her local Walgreens which says to me that she was not in the financial position to hire anyone professional or at the very least get them on professional paper.

She wants to print them? Does she not see the focus issues?

Why not offer to reshoot and do some new images for her, and this time don't shoot with such a wide aperture as you need to keep both people in focus.

here is my effort..:)... I wouldn't touch the one where she is on her back...never do that to a large person ever again please!!! It makes them look like they are melting

Attachments

• $thin.jpg
    $thin.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 116
She's not concerned with getting blurry photos?

Most reactions

Back