HELP

well i took the plunge and i'm going to do this wedding, I've just got a 24-70 f2.8 sigma i'm going to get a 70-200 sigma,sigma 500 super flashgun and a 300d or a 10d as an extra body and more batterys only thing is priceing ?

thank you everbody for your help.

Check with the bridge and groom whether they mind about shutter noise, they're the most important people there, but like everyone else says, chances are they won't.

Take pictures during the hymns, nobody will hear then!

Your new setup sounds a bit pricey! Could you not take a film body instead of getting a new digital one? This might work out cheaper even after dev. and printing

danalec99 said:
-'Shutter noise' is an over exaggerated topic.

One thing that I never consider is the popularity of shooting on full motor drive these days. I'm thinking of a click here, and a click there, because I'm always shooting on single shot. If someone were to lay down the heavy fire at 5 fps in a quite chapel for a few seconds it could sound like an attack! ;)

allyv said:
well i took the plunge and i'm going to do this wedding, I've just got a 24-70 f2.8 sigma i'm going to get a 70-200 sigma,sigma 500 super flashgun and a 300d or a 10d as an extra body and more batterys only thing is priceing ?

thank you everbody for your help.

Hell, you should've said something...I've got that 24-70 f/2.8 Sigma (the EX-DG,right?) and would have sold it to you cheap. TEST THAT THING IN LOW LIGHT before you take it to a wedding. Mine is utterly useless on my 20d and only marginally better on my Mk-II-Ns in low light...it keeps backfocusing.

Hell, you should've said something...I've got that 24-70 f/2.8 Sigma (the EX-DG,right?) and would have sold it to you cheap. TEST THAT THING IN LOW LIGHT before you take it to a wedding. Mine is utterly useless on my 20d and only marginally better on my Mk-II-Ns in low light...it keeps backfocusing.

:(
Thanks for the info I read some reviews on it and thay never said any thing like that. Is it possible its a bad copy? with sigma being renound for dodge copys?

PS - how much do's everybody charge for doing a wedding and how much is profit?

How much to charge can be a tricky question. You could try to base it on what the pros in your area charge. The price for hiring a pro photographer will be different from area to area. Places like London or New York, will probably be higher (on average) than a little town. Although, larger cities will also have more "low-ball" people as well. Maybe call around and see what local pros are charging. As you are inexperienced, set your price accordingly.

How much is profit? Good question. Depends on what you provide and how much you pay yourself for your time. With film, it was easier to determine the costs...film & developing cost a certain amount. Then there is your time shooting and maybe time retouching or making an album etc.

With digital, it can be as easy as just giving them the untouched digital images...or you can spend more than twice as much time with Photoshop, as you did shooting the wedding.

Are you going to sell prints? Or just sell the images? Are you going to provide 4x6 proofs or small digital files for them to choose from...or are you going to just give them the high resolution files?

allyv said:
:(
Thanks for the info I read some reviews on it and thay never said any thing like that. Is it possible its a bad copy? with sigma being renound for dodge copys?

PS - how much do's everybody charge for doing a wedding and how much is profit?

Nope, it's some kind of interaction between the lens and camera. I've had the lens shipped back to Japan and had all the optics replaced with brand new optics, and have tried other versions of the lens on my body, as well as trying that lens on other bodies. The lens in general just doesn't interact well with Canons, IMO. I've heard others that have had better luck, though, so hopefully yours will work out okay.

Just make sure you take it out in a darkened room (simulate reception lighting) a few times to get used to what it does and what to look for if (or when) it backfocuses. I found out the hard way--all excited about my new lens, and using it for the 1st time at a wedding...and ended up with about half a dozen shots that were acceptable. :grumpy:

Most reactions

Back