HELP!!!!!!!!

djtyrrell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.swiftowners.co.uk
I am looking at getting either a Nikon D80 or a canon 350D or 400D. I have been using my dads canon 350D and it is great but i heard that the nikon is better however after looking at reviews on the internet they are very mixed, so as the title says..... HELP!!! Any1 who owns these cameras or has experienced both PLEASE help i am not that well off so these are right at the end of my budget!

Cheers

Stu

As long as the Canon feels comfortable to you, I'd go with Canon so that you and your dad can share lenses. There are a lot of threads here that talk about how the choice in brand comes down to how the camera feels to you, as they are very similar in features and quality.

They are both good cameras. Get the one that feels the most comfortable...and as Mark said, if you dad has a Canon...it would make sense to get a Canon so that you can share accessories.

I'd get the 400D...just so you could rub it in to your dad that you have the newer/better model :lol:

I'd buy the D80 over any rebel any day. It's larger, more comfortable, and the control scheme makes better sense (to me).

I'd buy the D80 over any rebel any day. It's larger, more comfortable, and the control scheme makes better sense (to me).
That is probably the most important part of that reply. Follow what the others have said and go with what you like.

I agree with what others have said. If you research it online and find out that it isn't a total dog, the most important part after that is personal preference.

Canon 350Ds are going for a very nice price these days...

Thanks all for your responses its all been a good help i am going to stick with a canon i can get a 350D for £399 or a 400D for £499 so i may go the extra mile!! Thanks again

Stu

Most reactions

Back