Help

sly.production

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I'm new to the board and need some help.

1. I've been doing photography for while now and was wondering I still wanna stay under the radar and just get business by mouth and no advertising really but i want to have an official name (Sly Production) But if I start giving business cards out and all that good stuff would I have to get a small business license? If so where do i need to start for all that?

2. What are some good places to do all my photos. I was using a place here locally but I'm in west Texas and we are booming with oil and 2 of there people quit so these past couple of times i went it was very poor service. so i thought about doing it online now and need some help where to go?

Thank Yall.

Welcome to the forum.

But if I start giving business cards out and all that good stuff would I have to get a small business license?
If you take money in return for goods or services, you need a business licence...and you must pay tax on that money. Besides being legal, there are plenty of benefits to having a registered company.

I'm up in Alberta and we are knees deep in the Oil boom as well...and yes, it is making it very hard to get good service, just about anywhere you go.

TY Big Mike.. So how do i get a business license?

Go to your local county courthouse and get a BDA (Doing Business As) license. Here in Michigan, it costs $10 and lasts 5 years. I have my DBA for C.Lloyd Photography and it saves a lot when tax time comes around. I haven't shown a profit (although I do have some modest income) on the business yet, this will be my 3rd year with the license.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back