Helping a friend pick a lens

Boz Mon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Friend of mine is in the market for a new lens. He is mainly looking for a super wide zoom because he is getting started with interior real estate photography. I'm not sure what to tell him to look for. He has a smaller nikon digital body I want to say d3000 or something like that. He was unhappy with the wideness of my tamron 17-50 which I love so I have no idea where to steer him from here.

Nikon 14-24 , and FF body should do it i'm thinking ;)

FF= FX

FX is what Nikon designates it full frame camera bodies and lenses.

DX is Nikon's crop sensor designation.

In Canon speak - EF is full frame and EF-S is crop sensor.

FF= FX FX is what Nikon designates it full frame camera bodies and lenses.

Sorry I knew that. It's been a rough day so far and it's not even noon yet

Heard the Tokina 11-16 is a great WA lens

Heard the Tokina 11-16 is a great WA lens

It is, but his friend doesn't like wideness. I'm thinking that all your friend needs is software to correct the pictures.

Friend of mine is in the market for a new lens. He is mainly looking for a super wide zoom because he is getting started with interior real estate photography. I'm not sure what to tell him to look for. He has a smaller nikon digital body I want to say d3000 or something like that. He was unhappy with the wideness of my tamron 17-50 which I love so I have no idea where to steer him from here.

Well I don't own one myself but I've heard and read a lot of good things about the 11-16 mm Tokina.

Sorry. Just to clarify, the 17 wasn't wide enough and he doesn't want a fish eye

Sorry. Just to clarify, the 17 wasn't wide enough and he doesn't want a fish eye

It seems your friend know what he's looking for already by reading this thread...

I recently picked up a Tokina 11-16 off a member from here and LOVE it so far. Haven't had a chance to use it outdoors yet but it is an amazing lens. I've also heard good things about the Sigma 10-20.

Most reactions

Back