Hendrix

taracor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If you saw my last thread, a small conversation started about teh hendrix statue in Seattle. Well today I went out and took a few photos of it. Tell me what you think.

flash

DSC_0006.jpg

No flash

DSC_00051.jpg

Nice shots! The 1st one has that flash look but it shows so much more detail. Maybe try to shoot it when the natural light is just right.

One thing I've noticed in most of your pictures is that you are using a slow shutter speed while hand holding your camera. Either use a tripod or rest it on something or else the movement will be visible in your shots. Another option would be to shoot in the day time when there is enough light to use a faster shutter speed.

the shake could be cool if intentional...which if very well could be as with a flash it shouldn't be that shaky. I have no room to talk on shake, so I won't.

What I will suggest is trying some different and interesting angles. I'm not a Hendrix fan, but it IS an interesting statue...show us how and why it's interesting...don't just show us the statue.

Thanks for the comments! Yeah I need to get a monopod or something. I was gonna buy or make (anyone have a good link) a guns stock thing. If anyone has seen the Zenit photosniper, kind of like that. It is like a gunstock but light and has a camera screw on it. The photosniper has a handle with a trigger shutter release. It's pretty cool. Oh, on shake, the reasons for that are 1, it was dark. Much darker than the photo makes it look like. The second, and more important reason is that I was pretty muched wedged agaisnt a Seattle Sherif's car. He kinda had a large shotgun sitting in the back seat and was giving me strange looks, (well I was kinda pressing my bak into his car..) so..well I was both kinda nervous and in an uncomfortable position.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back