Here comes the Sun!

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, after five days of sitting under lake effect rain and snow I was treated to some sun today. I was up before dawn and down to the waterfront in Collingwood for the sunrise.

DSC_7584.jpg

DSC_7598.jpg

DSC_7601.jpg

DSC_7604.jpg

After that I took to the back roads for some scenery shots.

DSC_7615.jpg

A very cool Chiller site
DSC_7621.jpg

DSC_7632.jpg

DSC_7622.jpg

The smell of the apples was awesome as I took these photos
DSC_7639.jpg

My sun was short lived and it was back to gloom in short time
DSC_7645.jpg

My wife on Blue Mountain, not impressed with the weather
DSC_7547.jpg

Cheers,

Eric

I REALLY like the graveyard pictures. The compostion and coloring is just fantastic. Great work.

I like the huge amount of HOPE that is inherent in the first two photos! The sun ... it is still THERE at least, even if it only gave you a glimpse of its existence!

Yes, the graveyard is quite something else, too. I like all three of those Chiller-dedicated photos, each for a different reason. In the middle one it sure is the composition, overall context (including all of the trees) AND (mostly so) the colours!

LaFoto said:
I like the huge amount of HOPE that is inherent in the first two photos! The sun ... it is still THERE at least, even if it only gave you a glimpse of its existence!

Yes, the graveyard is quite something else, too. I like all three of those Chiller-dedicated photos, each for a different reason. In the middle one it sure is the composition, overall context (including all of the trees) AND (mostly so) the colours!

I see you noticed how short lived my sun was. It did come out about an hour later but was soon gone again. The weather this trip has been dismal but I did get some much needed rest. Unfortunately, it was also accompanied with over eating and drinking that has taken a toll this weekend. I’m always game to go hiking no matter how bad the weather is but my wife is less then enthusiastic in less then ideal weather.

Eric

nice shooting Eric, love the sunrise ones those clouds look a bit on the heavy side to me

Excellent stuff Airic. Looks like they had to rearrange that cemetery a bit. I saw one near Keswick where they took all the stones and mounted them on a cement wall.

cool pics.... i like the graveyard ones (obviously) and the apple tree pic... good stuff airic :thumbup:

Really nice series, Airic. In Toronto we also had a beautiful sunrise, but then it got overcast and very dark very quickly. I can't believe the snow has stayed on the ground up in Collingwood! (*shiver*)

I've got a lot of 'faves' in this series:

#2, for the beautiful sunrise, complete with a bird flying by
#4 for the warm colour of the sun on the building
#6 (the gravestones) - I like the look of the sun hitting them

Hope you get some more hiking and photography in....

Thanks for the comments. We are now back at home and it looks like sun on the horizon but the rain followed us all the way home.

Eric

I really like the stong contrast in the monotone B&W. It really gives it a great mood.

I love the composition of the first two shots. There is a lot of 'emotion' in the way the sky seems so overbearing and heavy. Then there is the lightness of the light above the weight of the water reflecting the sky.

The third graveyard shot is superb, I love the shadows and the intensity of the closeness of the stones.

Tim

Most reactions

Back