Here goes nothing...

notsue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little nervous about this after reading some of the other threads, but here goes.
Besides needing to learn how to use the creative modes on my camera, what can I do to improve on this picture. I dont know the rules on subjects in pictures, and where they go and stuff like that. But feel free to tear apart any side of the picture, I need advice.

tng.jpg

Last edited:
I was busy looking at the picture in another window that I didnt realize I hadnt attached it to my post. It was when it refreshed to show me my post that it hit me.

lol, while everyone is tearing apart er111a, I'll take a shot as to what I would suggest; keep in mind that I'm relatively new to the game as well.

1. It seems a little underexposed (that or it was a cloudy day.)
2. The composition is a little boring. Try shooting at another angle that we don't typically see all the time.
3. Something about the framing is bothering me. I think it may be that the rod is cut off.

I hope you were able to see my perspective.

The rod bothered me too. It got chopped when I wanted to crop for a 4x6 or whatever size I ended up cropping to. I also made the horizon straight because I felt like something needed to be 'normal'.
There were clouds in the sky, it seems a lot later in the day than it was.
I dont have any angle ideas.

I think I need to look at more 'correct' pictures and compare to mine and figure out what I can improve that way.

I wouldn't say there's such a thing as a "correct" photo... photography is solely based on personal preference.

Your best bet is to just take a bunch of photos of the same subject from different angles, different exposures, experiment with your surroundings and you'll develop your own unique style. Remember, it's okay to break the "rules" sometimes.

Definitely check out more photography for inspiration. :)

I also need help with blurry pictures, 99% of my pictures are blurry. A tripod isnt always practical and I'm so retarded that I take blurry pictures with a tripod also. I've got a remote coming next week, I'm looking forward to that.

I also need help with blurry pictures, 99% of my pictures are blurry. A tripod isnt always practical and I'm so retarded that I take blurry pictures with a tripod also. I've got a remote coming next week, I'm looking forward to that.

What kind of camera/lens are you shooting with and at what exposure?

To compose it a little better, maybe try get down at a lower angle to bring down the horizon a little bit, and don't cut off the rod next time.

Well, I took this picture on a field trip with two classes of first graders, taking multiple shots of anyone wasnt easy. I dont like pictures where people are smiling for the camera, and its hard to catch them before they realize you're there, once they'd see me they'd want to be in a picture and I'd have to move on to my next inspiration. I dont think I'll make children a regular thing, in the past I've avoided people all together.

Getting lower I can totally understand, and yeah, next time I'll go with my gut and keep the rod intact!

hmm... had i wanted to snap this picture, I would've shot in landscape mode to keep the rod, fill the frame with the kids, and take the shot from their level; sitting on the dock.

As for "correct", I don't know if it exists. Unless you're hoping to go pro, the correct picture is really the picture that you're happy with.

Most reactions

Back