Here we go (6 pics)

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few pics from Mexico.
Scanning makes alot of them dull and I've been too busy to run them through photoshop yet (buying a house... who knew it was this stressfull).
I was very impressed with the color of the prints though.
(I'm aware that some need to be cropped and some are slightly crooked)

The trees are so impressive there. We couldnt get over their size.
F1030011.jpg

Lensbaby again
F1010006.jpg

I was amazed at how hard working people are. Everything is done by hand.
F1000021.jpg

This is a natural water slide at El Eden, Puerto Vallarta. It was where the movie Predator was filmed.
F1000022.jpg

We watched these guys every day. They were building an addition on the roof of our hotel. They'd haul buckets of cement up the ladder all day every day. When we were leaving my suitcase was too heavy to carry so one of these guys hauled it down for me :lol:
F1000009.jpg

This is the wet bar at the hotel the wedding was at (lensbaby again)
F1000002.jpg

I would have to say the the third one here is my favorite. Nice work

Pic #4: WOW, I was at that same exact spot about a month ago when I went on vacation to Puerto Vallarta! I swam in that same lake, haha. That place was so fun!

#2 is great (looks like you're finding a fan for every pic!). nice series!

pascal

It's amazing the kind of effect you get from the lensbaby; it's darn good for the sort of "action focus" portrait.
#3 and #5 are very powerful images, they capture truth, brought on in part by a good DOF.
The landscape shots are a little overexposed, but that also has to do with the scanning.
#2 seems to have its focus not on the women's faces, but lower, from their sunglasses to their lower chest.
Finally, #6 would have probably been better without the lensbaby since there is a fair amount of detail in the photo.
Overall, it's a great bunch and it's hard to image you shot 'em of vacation because they're captures of real life, and that's what matters.

Wow. Thank you all for you comments.

#2 is a bit out of focus but I didn't like the expression on the one girls face in the other one. It's funny because they werent posing at all. That's exactly how they were standing when we were all waiting for the rest of our group.

I got quite a few pictures of people who were working. Like I said before it's incredible how hard working they are.
I also have lots of pictures of what you find when you're not staying in a 5 star all inclusive resort. They're my favorites although they don't paint a very pretty picture of Mexico.

Thanx again for all your comments.

Most reactions

Back