Hey all !

M @ k o

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My sister inlaw just loves it when I have my camera, because my niece Whitney loves for me to photograph her... she's a camera hog , and my sister inlaw loves a CD full of shots of her... for free, LOL.

I've been getting into alot of different styles of shooting lately, and I kinda drifted away on portraits, so I'm kinda working my way back to shooting portraits again. Anyways, here's 2 of the camera hog Whitney.

Thx for looking ;)

w2.jpg

w1.jpg

She's a natural beauty and I think she's aware of that.
I wish my daughter posed for me this freely...
Anyhow, very nice to see your niece - and hey: how did you produce that effect in the first? Is it a "little zoomer"? Or isn't it a zoomer at all but you used a special lens?

LaFoto said:
She's a natural beauty and I think she's aware of that.
I wish my daughter posed for me this freely...
Anyhow, very nice to see your niece - and hey: how did you produce that effect in the first? Is it a "little zoomer"? Or isn't it a zoomer at all but you used a special lens?

Thx Lafoto,

I used the Lensbaby 2.0 for the affect, I absolutely love it too. I really like the dreamy look it produces. I guess I'm just a dreamy kinda guy.

I was gonna guess a lensbaby was used... I like the look i just feel the second is alittle flat for me. I dig the fisrt one alot though.
nice shots

Awesome. Good use of the LB :thumbup:

Man...I know I keep saying it...but I gotta get me one of those :mrgreen:

Hey Mako, was the second shot done in color? I'd love to give it a go in PS with a technique I've been playing with.

I love that first shot! Beautiful child!

It is imo, looking for a slight bump in the contrast.
Nice! :)

Hey thx everyone.

Yes dan , I was going to add alittle but... I'm to the point where I like to take a pure Digital images. This is pure 20D, with a slight crop. Your welcome to edit as you please.

Woodsac, I swithed to sepia and I don't think I shot that in color, damit ! I should of, now I know to do both. next time.

Here try working with this, I'm curious of what your up too. If she knew "You" was working with one of her photos, her head would be bigger than a basket ball.

w4.jpg

Well, I really needed her eyes to give it a dramatic look. So I just used the first one. This has been kind of a hit and miss technique. Each picture requires different adjustments so I can't really give a step by step.

Since the second one was in sepia, I added a sepia layer to it. I know it's a little darker than yours, but I've got a bad habit of making things too dark :p This is one of those that think people will either like it...or won't? But it was good practice for me anyways.

51093835-L.jpg

Wow Woodsac ! That's very impressive. I really like what you've done here, your very talented in taking photos and in photoshop. Thx for working with it and showing me that there is more things involved when it comes to digital photography than just taking a picture. Thx man !

Awesome work :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back